Can HDB owner buy overseas property
Due to cooling measure policy implemented by Singapore government, many Singaporean and PR’s investors has set their sight to invest in overseas property for more affordable option and higher return of investment. The common question always being asked is, “Can HDB owner buy overseas property?”
Below is the general rule for Singaporean and Singapore Permanent Resident who own HDB and wish to invest in overseas property
- You are allowed to invest in overseas residential property if you have fulfilled your Minimum Occupation Period (MOP)
- You are allowed to invest in overseas non-residential (commercial and industrial) property even if you haven’t fulfilled your Minimum Occupation Period (MOP)
- You must dispose of your overseas residential property within 6 months after you purchase your HDB
For more information about your eligibility you can contact HDB at http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/contact-us
What are the things to check out when you invest in overseas property
Once you have certainty on your eligibility in investing in overseas property, the next step will be to check on things to look out when you invest in overseas property.
Here is the 10 factors to consider
- Does the country allow foreign ownership?
- Type of tax for foreigner, the most common one are: stamp duty tax, yearly property tax, rental income tax, capital gain tax, and inheritance tax.
- Other limitation? The common limitation is foreign quota units, cannot own landed property, cannot own freehold tenure.
- Payment procedure to better plan your finances
- Are you eligible for loan?
- What are the risk involved?
- Rental demand
- Return expectation
- Developer track record
Type of risk
There are few main risk factors you must consider when you make your overseas property investment: political risk, currency risk, and liquidity risk.
Political changes and instability in a country could affect investment return for example change in government, legislative bodies, other foreign policy makers or military control. Political risks are notoriously hard to quantify because there are limited sample sizes or case studies when discussing an individual nation.
The risk stemming from the lack of marketability of an investment that cannot be bought or sold quickly enough to cash out.
When you invest in overseas property, you are exposed to potential risk from fluctuating foreign exchange rates. On the contrary, you also have the potential to reap gains if the foreign exchange rates move according to your favour.
Contact us to receive hottest property investment update with high potential return
Flatiron Cambodia – 85% to 95% Guarantee Rental Return + Buy Back Option
- Blue Ocean Investment - Grade A Office Space
- Developed By Reputable Experience Developer
- 85% - 95% Rental Guarantee In USD
- Buy Back Option To Minimize Your Risk
- Very Affordable, Only From USD 1xxK
Flatiron Cambodia Meridian
Freehold Grade A Office In Prime Location
Infinity Waters – Liverpool Iconic Development Across CBD & Regeneration Area
- Located right smack at £5.5 billion Liverpool Waters regeneration plan
- Literally just across the street to reach the current Central Business District which host approximately 60,000 of jobs now - Huge tenant pool
- Infinity Waters will be the landmark development in Liverpool rising as high as 27, 33, and 39 storey probably like Beetham Tower in Manchester or The Shard in London
- Fully managed by experience letting and management company - Hassle free for investors
- 21% rental guarantee for the first 3 years by developer
Liverpool Property Investment With 21% Assured Rent Over 3 Years
The Bridge Cambodia – 70% Nett Guarantee Rental Return
- Singapore public listed developer, Oxley International
- Best location - Walking distance to Naga world casino, Shangri-La hotel, Sofitel, and many more
- Asset in US Dollar
- Nett rental guarantee is after tax and other misc. cost
- From USD1xxK
The Bridge Cambodia - Best investment development in South East Asia fastest economic growth
Public listed Singapore developer, Oxley International
Marine Wharf East By Reputable Developer, Galliard Homes
- 999 Years Leasehold
- Great Location Between 2 London Financial Centres
- Within 20 Minutes To 8 Top London Universities
- Reputable Developer With Over £1.1 Billion
- Established Neighborhood With Great Amenities Around
- From £3xxK